I will be posting a series of these silly work out clips, keep your eye out for them and let me know if you like them. Below is a proper description of how to preform the exercise.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with arms extended down and palms facing your body.
- Align your body from the bottom up by first taking a shoulder width stance.
- Slightly bend your knees and avoid locking them during exercise.
- Contract your abdominal muscles to help support and sustain your posture during the exercise.
- Stick your chest out and simultaneously bring your shoulder blades back, keeping them there throughout the movement.
- Keep your head level at al times, making sure your head or your eyes do not drop down, or excessively wander upward.
Technique and Form
- One your alignment is secured, prepare to inhale as you begin your decent.
- As you are squatting downward, it is important that at no time throughout your movement do your knees go beyond your toes, this can damage your knees.
- Make sure you don’t let your thighs go below horizontal as you can injure your lower back.
- As you reach horizontal or just above it, begin to exhale and press off your feet, distributing the weight through the heel while pressing upward. concentrate on keeping proper alignment throughout the movement.
- Do not lock you knees when reaching the top of the movement.